Thursday 26 December 2013

And It Came To Pass…It Was Not A Lonely Christmas


  ‘Tis the Season of Joy. Our Saviour is born. Christ is born, a King is born. Merry Christmas Y’all.

This is the first Christmas I’ll spend alone in my house. I came home to spend my Christmas and take care of our poultry in the absence of my mum who decided to jet out and leave me *sob*.
I woke up to an empty fridge and no idea how to celebrate. I did my laundry and housekeeping and got ready for church and my zip of my dress ripped while I was getting ready. Changed the thing sharp sharp. Got to church and lo and behold the church was scanty.  
Then the requests started coming in to visit. I didn't attempt to prepare anything for myself not even to boil water. I made up my mind not to bother but believe for my rice. I had chickens to kill but who’s gat time for that. People were over eager to give me food as if their life depended on it. 

 Suddenly the anthem was “Ano! Where is Ano ? Shei Ano ti jeun?” This home alone neighbor’s daughter thing is so cool, Can you tell?


Na so I sidon dey look everybody. I don overfeed.



“There is Ogbono. Do you want rice? There is Zobo oh. You want to carry water home? There is red wine too" (sigh). "Do you want fresh air?"
  Sometimes, I think they were over-feeding me so that madam bouquet catcher will not be here next year to collect rice and zobo. I love my neighbours.

 Plate of food I snatched from a friend. Imagine!

My neighbor’s Christmas party was the icing on the cake. I totally forgot they host Christmas parties and by the time I got there, only few people were left but food still plenty die. The sweet woman decided to pack food and cake that is enough for a week or two for me. I think if I convert each grain of rice I was given to money I would be a millionaire.  She even packed biscuits and sweet for me and me too I kept collecting. LOL. They woke me up this morning to bring me bread. I need to open shop and sell all these things. Hehe





How was your Christmas?  Hope you had fun or you had some some of charity, Tell me about it. Happy Boxing day.


9 comments:

  1. AYODELE OLUWATOSIN26 December 2013 at 05:49

    Awrrrr so touching...lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and this your signature "aww so touching". Thanks darling.

      Delete
  2. Woww....nice write up.this Xmas ehn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yawns! Boring mine was more interesting, I slept all day n dreamed of my home planet invading Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yawn!!! Mine was more interesting, slept all day n dreamed of my home planet invading the earth n submerging y'all in milk n cornflakes. After refrigerating your underwear.:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Tayo aka T8710, Ehn? whose underwear? People were turning up and you were refrigerating underwear. I miss all our space gist. Don't worry when I'm done with my new simulations I will reset you. Merry earthly Christmas, T.

      Delete

Comments here...