Sunday 14 July 2013

iIGNORE

Every now and then, I hear of stories of someone who was hurt terribly to the extent that forgiveness seems just far out of the question or totally impossible. When I first heard of Malala Yousafzai story months back, I  tried to imagine how hard or easy it was to forgive her Taliban shooter. Then,
I heard her story at the UN's Malala day and got my answer during her speech

                                  


I wondered how  people who are  affected with the pain, deal with anger and frustration and that consuming thirst for revenge. I also wondered how a person who feels he/she has wronged God- one who cannot be seen easily- deal with it, I then read my friend, Ayokunle Emoruwa's chat with God here. Afterwards I asked myself how I deal with my own challenges and this time I cannot give you a link to click on except what I came up with in my own soul search.

This week alone; it was the drama of the Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman case, Al-mustapha- Kudirat Abiola case, leaving some  parties bitter and some better. 

When you experience so much pain that you become so numb, you  my friend have, gotten to a stage where it is neither good or bad.
 Reasons are:
  1. Either you have become so numb, that no matter what anyone does to you; you are indifferent about it.
  2. Or you are numb, as a result storing all the anger and what-not in you, that even Hitler will bow to your 'highness' 
E.g when I see on my screen, '5 people killed in a car bomb, 2 critically injured'- I am confused on how to react, I simply go numb. Even right now, as I write, on my TV screen I can see 'Bombers strike in Iraq, 50 dead'. I just simply continued typing this post simply because it has numbed me. I know this is not peculiar to me. 

Jesus take the wheel

Back to my soul search, I will not allow someone's action or inaction affect the person I am simply because your sand and my garri does not need to be in the same bowl. 

YOLO! abi? 

There are too many people on the streets needing a hug, an education or a place to sleep, and you allow someone to take your good heart and turn you into Nikita or 'Ayamatanga'? Remember there is an ULTIMATE INTERVIEW in Heaven. If you don't believe in heaven, well... ah... Jesus take your wheel.

So like Malala and other countless people who have triumphed over bitterness, injustice, frustration; I will tell you what my mum says in my language "ah deleh wor" (hope I got the spelling, sorry I will improve). Meaning -Don't mind them. Forgive, forget and please if you cannot do anything about some issues, for example, if your head was 'maced'- Pele, Forgive, forget, move on.

                                  

YOLO! Remember?

P.S: Happy birthday to my dear mum who was born on the 12th of July too like my dear Malala. Yes, I am famzing. With the former, that is. and to my dear brother happy birthday. Love you both dearly.


Dear reader , I know you are reading this. Ntse yo, drop comment. Jehovah be your muscle. 

3 comments:

  1. Great Post… I’ve learned that while it may be easy to go numb after pain; its actually more dangerous at the end because not only are you bottling your emotions, you are not learning how to deal with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you are right.If you can talk about it, by all means do. But, there are times when you just have to ignore or choose not to reply some issues if it will only fuel the misunderstanding. I remember in the bible(can't say exactly where) when God clearly told a King "Do not reply him".

      Delete
  2. A good article on a very important competence.
    I use it a lot, but it backfires sometimes sha!

    ReplyDelete

Comments here...