Monday 3 June 2013

The Cinema hits the Ancient City again


Danielle Steele is a very good writer, but I couldn't wait to finish reading ‘Zoya, the carousel-like plot was making me mentally dizzy. ‘Zoya’ the main character, marries guy then  he dies, she remarries, he dies, she remarries again he … - see what I suffered? The radio was my hope of sanity-at least.  I tuned to The BEAT FM 97.9 and Vicky and ‘Amakanda’- you should listen to them, really lovely, hilarious ladies- were on air, talking about the new film house at the Heritage Mall at Dugbe, Ibadan. They talked about the movies that were showing …and guess what, they were offering free viewing. I was tired of sitting and reading Steele anyway, so I got dressed. I lost the battle for the car key to my mum who decided at the last minute to drive my ride somewhere else. In contrast, trekking is better than that spin of a book. Psst






I got a ticket to see ‘Django’, - I hadn't seen it before- it was showing at 7.30pm, so I had two and a half hours to kill. I went down the escalator-yes, they have an escalator, and what were you thinking, a ladder? Yes, it does work- Please, Ibadan is posh. Window shopping at  Mr. Price was the icing on the cake, I had to caution myself, else I would have gone home bankrupt. I only bought two pretty Alice bands. They had really lovely pieces; you should visit the place too. (Hmm… free advert). 




See my reflection in the mirror?
 Love that dress.



















There’s a SHOPRITE building under construction next to Heritage mall.


So before my movie started, hunger began to tell me super story. Yup, Coke and popcorn came to my rescue. I found one of the uncompleted stores at the mall to sit, eat, wait for the movie to start and watch people go on the escalator. Serious near accidents did I observe plus serious laughter.

Welcome to IB- the movie.

 I had prayed that I didn't want to meet any new annoying person (especially a guy) before I left my house- apparently He didn't answer me. Gist later. Halfway through the movie my phone started ringing.  Peeps at home were missing me. Some were angry.

Oops! I totally lost track of time.

P.S: I need to see Fast and furious 6 in two days time …Yep, It’s my birthday! Anosi is celebrating her sweet Sixtee... Never mind.




1 comment:

Comments here...